Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hey there. Why don't you come and join me in the afterlife?

I was watching a show on the travel channel called "World's Creepiest Destinations" and there was a bit in there about various places in Hollywood that were rumored to be haunted by the celebrities that died there or where buried/cremated and stored there. In the hotel room where Marilyn Monroe overdosed and died, people claim to sometimes see her in the mirror. A weird man on the show was talking about the significance of this and the significance of that and he said something about why these places were so great and why people kept flocking to them. About how "people who were never able to see her in her real life, now have the option of trying to catch a glimpse of her in her afterlife".

Yeah, I'll bet those people are class acts.

I don't know. I'm amused by the thought of some sort of weird celebrity paranormal peep-show, and creeped out a bit too. I can't help but think about that if somebody who lived off of the attention of an entire country, should they die and live on as a vague pan-dimensional thumb print of their former existence, they might have nothing better to do with their afterlife than be seen.

Not knocking on Norma Jean, mind you.


2 comments:

Wax Harlow said...

pssst...I dunno if the show was lying or what, but Marilyn Monroe died in her apartment. I think the Knickerbocker hotel is the one with "that mirror", which I think I've seen, assuming there aren't more than one, which there might be, because come on. I don't know why the Knickerbocker was supposed to be especially Marilyn-saturated as far as haunting goes. That might be something to look into!

Wax Harlow said...

not that I totally missed the point of what you wrote, it just gave me such serious chills I want to cover all my windows with brown paper and hide under three to four blankets.