Monday, June 16, 2008

International Boar Semen

Is a company specializing in the wonderful world of artificially inseminating sows with "fresh and frozen genetics". Actually, I guess it would be wrong to say that their job is the insemination process itself. Their specific trade is in the engineering, perfection, development, manufacturing and distribution of the genetic in its fresh - or frozen - form. Although I'm sure that all of the fine gentlemen over at International Boar Semen (Division Of Universal Pig Genes, Inc.) are more than well-qualified to do this fine and necessary task themselves, their logo indicates that - while I'm certain that they cater only to the upper crust of this particular demographic - they expect that the person receiving their treasured goods is receiving them as part of a first step to doing the task itself. If you do not completely understand just yet exactly what I am talking about, allow me to illustrate my point further with a most appropriate use of the somewhat less subtle logo of a competing company:
Now, I understand that in today's heyday of stylized and sometimes abstract or irrelevant commercial graphic design, it can often be difficult to interpret exactly what it is a business - classy or not- and their logo are trying to illustrate or convey precisely. Fortunately for us living in the sophisticated United States, our Canadian allies have taken it upon themselves to convey this particular idea in a way that is more simple and easy for the eyes and brain to comprehend:

Now, this, for all of you who are green to the idea of the economic, clean and efficient practice of the artificial insemination of sows, is the view that is granted to every hard-working American who has been brave enough to perform this task as he does his job. This is the job he does, so that we can eat our bacon cheeseburgers and Christmas hams, and so that even an animal as humble as a pig can experience the unprecedented joy of motherhood.

Yes, Virgin Mary - but it doesn't take a Christian to appreciate the hard work and riveting scientific innovation.

Well, you're probably thinking: Gee, Smanx, you're talking a whole lot about this Boar Semen stuff. What's so great about it anyhow? Don't you think that this is a bit gross? Lowbrow? We got over this kind of stuff in third grade.

Well, kid, first of all this is very serious. And it's not lowbrow - not at all! Boar Semen is, suffice to say, the cornerstone on the pinnacle of the pyramid of science!

"Yes," you might interject: "But what about animal rights?"

Oh, ho! This is truly what's best for the animal! It is a process performed only by trusted, certified individuals wearing nice clothes (as illustrated here)
Well, I don't know about you, but I sure learned a lot. If you want to learn more, just go to http://www.piggene.com/IBS/ibs_home.htm and pay a visit to International Boar Semen - the AI Innovators since 1976!

And remember:
This stud's for you.

P.S. I want somebody to buy me this mug. Like, seriously:

http://www.cafepress.com/ibs.1390942

P.P.S. I also really really would like to share that in my efforts to find the above company's logo by googling "International Boar Semen logo", I came up with this:Oh, I wish I was joking with you. I'm not.

Goodnight.

No comments: