Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert > Pundits - R.I.P.

R.I.P. Tim Russert

I didn't think I'd ever miss a political journalist, but I am very sad to hear of his passing and, while I'm sure this isn't how he wants me to remember him, he made all of his peers look like idiots in comparison. I really liked hearing what he had to say and he was more than half the reason I always watched the NBC election and political coverage. The other almost-half of the reason was because everyone other than him and John Stewart seemed to miss the point entirely. I hope that in his wake there is somebody as intelligent and devoted to his field as he was. It's one of those times that the media is going to play a big part in shaping the country and I feel like we've lost somebody fighting the good fight today.

Just when I thought I was done talking about ghosts...

No comments: